25TH AND STAFFING LIMITED
HEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER job vacancy at 25th and staffing in Lagos
HEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Lagos)
Industry / Specialization
Others - Others
Years of Experience
From: 24-Jul-2019 To: 7-Aug-2019
## Job Description for Head, Software Engineering
- Lead software development team to develop, document and maintain entire cutting-edge web-based applications.
- Develop and manage software engineering applications utilizing standard development tools.
- Provide technical consultation as well as expertise to Product Managers.
- Stimulate hiring, career plans, training as well as performance reviews for software engineering team.
- Review all documents related to Product requirement and participate in product brainstorming sessions.
- Provide employee coaching, mentoring, development and team building.
- Head responsibility to analyze, design, develop and support all software application systems.
- Participate actively in Scrum software development process as Scrum Master.
- Provide leadership, management and technical vision to entire software engineering team.
- Develop and implement software engineering plans appropriately.
- Manage all software engineering schedules, budget and resource allocation.
- Manage joint development with 3rd party vendors as well as outsourced development.
- Assist software development team to attain optimal team performance through removing technical obstacles.
- Help improve team processes and handle resource tribulations if any.
- Interact with different members to ensure successful delivery of each sprint iteration and product release.
## Technical Requirements
- Proven experience building enterprise solutions with Java 8, Hibernate, Scalar, Spring MVC, Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
- Hands on experience with relational and NoSQL databases – MSSQL, MySql, Oracle, MongoDB and Redis
- Experience developing restful APIs, Micro-services and other distributed systems
- Expertise in using java build systems and DevOps tools - Maven, Gradle and Docker.
- Proficiency in use of continuous integration and delivery process and technology
- Proficient with creation and management of CI/CD pipeline for applications built to run on Dockers using Jenkins and Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments